Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dock Dogs and the Union Fair


My brother and sister-in-law lassoed their brood, namely two-year-old Maya and four-year-old Maggie, and then packed my Mom and I in the mini-van, and the whole lot of us headed to the Union Fair this morning for some high-flying Dock Dogs fun. And, of course, a chance to check out alpacas and goats and things... Because, um, I freakin' love alpacas and goats and things. Seriously, I can't get enough of those guys.

Here are some photos of the big day. It was your typical country fair fare - rides and games, and of course our very favorite thing around here, Dock Dogs. After taking my nieces to the Dock Dogs event in Rockland in July, both girls have been all about diving dawgs. My youngest niece, Maya, is particularly enthralled with the notion of throwing puppies in pools. Maya's this sweet, gentle little soul who absolutely loves animals, and already has a great way about them, while older sister Maggie is flighty and wild, a sprite in little girl's clothing who likes to jump and dance and do all the crazy things that make unsuspecting puppies nervous. Both girls were great at the competition, though, watching attentively and learning the names of every dog, so they could follow their progress as the day went on.

Once we'd exhausted ourselves with the dogs, we headed to the other animals, which were great. And fuzzy. And big-eyed and smelly. Did I mention that I love farm animals? Here are some pics of the lovely time we had.






No comments:

Post a Comment